- Handle is bamboo cane
- Handle length is between 10 and 14 inches
- Handle color may be brown, yellow or green, or other colors
- Bristle length is about 1.5″
- Style Code: Boar100015XL
Extra Large Diameter Boar Hair Brush With 1.5 Inch Long Bristle And Wangi and Bamboo Cane Handle
My Boar Hair brushes are popular with those who work with oils, heavy body acrylics and those who like a unique dry brush. Boar Hair comes from wild boar. The individual hairs are strong and springy, and often have natural split or forked ends. The split ends helps to increase the amount of paint boar hair can hold. Boar hair is good with more viscus paints. Boar hair is the go to material the wold over for those who work with oils and heavy body acrylics.
Boar hair is great for “impasto style” brush strokes, which is where a paint is applied in thick layers. Impasto style produces a notable texture on the surface.
The stiff nature of Boar hair is also great for drybrush with inks, acrylics, watercolor and of course oils. Drybrush offers a wide variety of technique and when used with boar hair, it is a quick way to produce grasses, hatches, and any number of fine lines or fine lines combined with thicker color applications.
With a medium diameter handle coupled to an extra large bristle diameter plus a 1.5″ long bristle, this brush great for covering larger areas with single strokes, or for stippling or a number of other techniques
The cane handle is light in the hand and has about a 10mm to 12mm bristle diameter. This handle is hand carved and oiled, and comfortable to use all day using it to cover a lot of area quickly.
My Boar Hair brushes are most popular with artists who work with Oils, Heavy Body Acrylics, Gouache, Oils and Ceramics. The Boar Hair bristle becomes softer in time.
While the Boar Hair brushes are a go to for oil and heavy body acrylics, they are an acquired taste for use with other media springiness and feedback.
This brush will provide years of regular use and enjoyment.
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of a kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at any show and due to this I run out of some types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|