- Handle length is about 4″ to 9″
- Handle color may be brown, yellow, or green.
- Bristle lengths are about 1” long
- Bristle diameter is 10mm to 12mm
- Style Code: Pony10001L
Large Diameter Pony Hair Brush With 1″ Long Bristle And Bamboo Cane Handle
My Pony Hair brushes are awesome for those who have a light touch and enjoy a soft high volume brush. Pony Hair comes from the chest hair of roughly 2 year old ponies. The hair is shaved from the pony. The first growth has a fine tip, and diameter for diameter, pony hair holds more paint or ink media than just about anything else.
Pony Hair brushes offer excellent performance in all diameters but are not springy and so benefit greatly from a light touch.
Pony Hair brushes excel with watercolors, inks, aqueous acrylics. They are too soft for other paint media types.
Any diameter of Pony Hair lets you perform general applications, and are also great for washes and soft drybrush techniques.
The large diameter brush can be used to mix colors on the brush and has a great reserve.
The 1″ bristle length is great for general applications.
The cane handle is light in the hand and has a 10mm to 12mm bristle diameter. This handle is lightly hand carved and oiled. It is very light in the hand. You can spend all day using it.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|