- Handles are bamboo cane
- Handle lengths are about 6″ to 10″
- Handle color varies. I try to make sets match but don’t guarantee it
- Bristle lengths are about 1″
- Bristle diameter is between about 10mm and 12mm
- Style Code: SWSGSSWSBSOS10001L
Large Diameter Synthetic Brush Set With Cane Handles And 1 Inch Long Bristles
The large diameter brushes offer great performance and reasonable cost. They are ideal for just about every application and are purchased mostly by professional artists.
The Synthetic Sable brush was one of my first offerings. This brush type was intended as a high performance brush that produces a hair-fine tip and is intended for those who want a responsive brush and which can withstand fairly harsh chemicals used to clean solvent based paints and related media. The Synthetic Sable brush quickly became one of my most popular, and due to this I introduced other bristle materials which offer similar performance and longevity and which are progressively more springy. The application of these is for those who like a more responsive brush and for those who use painting materials which are more viscous, and of course for those who like a high quality brush that lasts.
All of the brushes noted below have great performance and longevity. I’ll discuss them in order from soft to stiff. As a set, they offer some of the best in longevity, performance and responsiveness.
- The Goat and Synthetic fiber blended brush which I call the Goat-Synthetic Blend. When I first started making brushes, my Goat hair and Synthetic fiber blend was the solution to a problem of providing excellent media holding along with a hair fine tip. This brush was developed to make it easier for people to do highly detailed work. It is made from the highest grade of goat hair, known as double dressed hair, and also blended with just the right amount of a very high quality grade of tapered synthetic fibers. It is my most popular type of brush.
- My Synthetic Sable brushes are popular with those who like a great brush with a subtle springiness or snap. The Synthetic Sable bristle is made from a specialized grade of fine diameter synthetic fibers that behave a lot like goat hair except springier. The fibers are tapered at the tip and etched to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. Almost everyone loves this brush. It has a hair-fine tip and great longevity.
- My Brown Synthetic brush is one of the most popular brushes. It is a little stiffer than the Synthetic Sable and has a great snap or springiness to it. The fibers are tapered and etched to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for anything from watercolor to ink, to acrylics to oil paints. It is also excellent for anyone who wants a deliciously springy brush. The Brown Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance and gives fabulous snap and feedback It also has an hair-fine tip and great longevity. The Brown Synthetic Brush has worked its way to being one of my best sellers.
- My Orange Synthetic brushes are popular with those who like stiffer brushes. The Orange Synthetic bristle is made from a specialized grade of synthetic fibers that are etched and tapered which helps them to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for heavily loaded media and for those who like a stiff brush. It is also excellent for anyone who wants a stiffer but not too stiff brushes. The Orange Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance in all sizes and give fabulous snap and feedback It also has an ultra-fine tip. As with the other synthetic bristles, they have great longevity.
- My Stiff White Synthetic Brushes are popular with those who like a stiff brush and those who use Heavy Body Acrylics, Gouache or Oils. The Stiff White Synthetic bristle is made from a specialized grade of synthetic fibers that are both textured and tapered to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. They really come into their own with thicker and viscous paint media! As with my other synthetic brushes, the longevity and performance is excellent.
All of these are great brushes and can produce the smallest line or wide wash and are fabulous for dry brush.
Another detail that is great about my Synthetic brushes is that they are highly resistant to even the harshest brush cleaners. This makes them very well suited for oils, for example, because they resist the wear many natural hair brushes experience with harsh cleaners.
The large-diameter bristles are about 10mm to 12mm in diameter and this set has bristles about 1″ long. The length gives good control and great results with wet and dry brush techniques.
The bamboo cane handle is light in the hand and very comfortable.
These brushes are workhorses and will provide many years of enjoyment.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 4 × 4 in|