- Handle is bamboo cane
- Handle length is 4″ to 8″
- Handle color may be brown, yellow, or green
- Bristle length is about 1.5″
- Bristle diameter is between about 10mm and 12mm
- Style Code: SWS100015L
Large Diameter Stiff White Synthetic Brush With 1.5 Inch Long Bristle And Bamboo Cane Handle
My Stiff White Synthetic brushes are popular with artists who like a stiff brush. The Stiff White Synthetic bristle is made from a high quality, specialized grade of synthetic fibers that behave a lot like boar hair but with a very springy feel. The fibers are tapered at the tip to provide smooth delivery of more viscous types of painting media. The large-size diameter brushes are excellent for any of the more viscous media, including gouache, oils, heavy body acrylics, thicker oxides and glazes. It also makes for a fairly course texture drybrush.
Stiff White Synthetic brushes are good for media holding, provides an excellent delivery of media, and has a fine tip. My medium diameter Stiff White Synthetic brushes are good for washes, hatching, cross hatching, dithering, blending colors on the brush.
The 1.5 inch long bristle combined with a 10mm to 12mm bristle diameter is excellent for straight lines, organic curves, washes, plus stippling and hatching. This brush is great for applying 2 to 4 colors on the brush and mixing them on the canvas.
The cane handle is light in the hand and has a 10mm to 12mm bristle diameter. This handle is lightly hand carved and oiled. You can spend all day using it. The mid-size bristle lets you spend more time applying paint. Mid-size bristles have enough bristle to let you apply 2 different colors on the brush and blend them on the canvas. This technique produces really cool results.
Another detail that is great about my Synthetic brushes is that they are highly resistant to even the harshest brush cleaners. This makes them very well suited for anything that takes solvents to clean, because the bristle resists the wear many natural hair brushes experience with harsh cleaners.
The bamboo cane handle is hand carved and oiled. It is light in the hand and comfortable to use all day.
This brush is a workhorse and will provide many years of enjoyment.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|