- Handles are made of bamboo cane
- Handle lengths are about 6″ to 8″
- Handle color varies. I try to make sets match but don’t guarantee it
- Bristle lengths are about 1″
- Bristle diameter is between about 4.5mm and 8mm
- Style Code:SWSBSGSPHRS10001M
Medium Diameter Best Seller Set For Watercolor And Inks with Bamboo Cane Handles And 1 Inch Long Bristles
The medium diameter set includes my Brown Synthetic, Synthetic Sable, Pony Hair, Goat Synthetic Blend, and Russian Sable brushes. These are the most popular of my medium-size brushes with a 1 inch bristle. They are suitable for a wide variety of media types.
The medium diameter brushes offer great performance and low cost. They are ideal for detail work and do a good job with dry brush. A lot of people only work with medium diameter brush.
- My Brown Synthetic brush is one of the most popular brushes. It is a little stiffer than the Synthetic Sable and has a great snap or springiness to it. The fibers are tapered and etched to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for anything from watercolor to ink, to acrylics to oil paints. It is also excellent for anyone who wants a deliciously springy brush. The Brown Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance and gives fabulous snap and feedback It also has an hair-fine tip and great longevity. The Brown Synthetic Brush has worked its way to being one of my best sellers.
- My Synthetic Sable brushes are popular with those who like a springy or snappy brush. The Synthetic Sable bristle is made from a specialized grade of synthetic fibers that behave a lot like goat hair except springy. The fibers are tapered and textured to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for just about anything and behaves delightfully when heavily loaded and as dry brush. The Synthetic Sable brushes offer excellent performance and gives nice feedback As you can see it also has an ultra-fine tip. In addition it has great longevity.
- My Goat and Synthetic blended brushes are made from the highest grade of goat hair, which is known as double dressed hair, and also blended with just the right amount of the Synthetic Sable fibers used in some of my other brushes. The combination makes for a hair-fine tip that provides nuanced feedback, and fabulous paint or ink holding capability. In addition the goat and synthetic blend offers very smooth and responsive delivery. It is a revolutionary brush and my most popular creation. This brush offers what many consider to be the best of two types of brush, where each enhances the capabilities of the other. Goat hair is awesome for media holding, and is probably the most popular type of brush the world over. By adding some high quality synthetic fibers (same as my Synthetic Sable) the result enhances the nature of the Goat hair and produces a soft brush that has a hair-fine tip and subtle feedback.
- My Pony Hair brushes are unique. The Pony hair i use originates from the chest area hair of roughly 2 year old Ponies. The hair has a tapered tip. In addition, Pony hair has some of the highest fluid holding capability of any natural hair brush. It is not a springy brush. For those with a light touch and a quick hand, this is one of very few brushes that can keep up. The medium diameter brush is very good in this capability. In addition, due to the dense multiple fine hairs, it is awesome for dry brush.
- My Russian Sable brushes are made from the tail hair of select Russian Sable. This is one of the most prized types of brushes available anywhere. Russian Sable hair is about 1/2th the diameter of human hair. As a result Russian Sable brushes have an ultra-fine point and unmatched media holding capability. It is among the best around for watercolor, ink, and aqueous acrylics.
Another detail that is great about my Synthetic brushes is that they are highly resistant to even the harshest brush cleaners. This makes them very well suited for oils, or enamels, as examples, because the brushes resist the wear many natural hair brushes experience with harsh cleaners.
The medium diameter bristles are about 1″ long. The length gives good control and great results with wet and dry brush techniques.
The bamboo cane handle is light in the hand and very comfortable.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|19 × 3 × 3 in