- Handle is bamboo cane
- Handle length is 4″ to 8″
- Bristle diameter is between about 4.5mm and 8mm
- Handle color may be brown, yellow or green
- Bristle length is about 1.5″
- Style Code: WS10002M
Medium Diameter Synthetic Sable Brush With 1.5 Inch Long Bristle And Bamboo Cane Handle
My Synthetic Sable brushes are my 2nd best sellers. The Synthetic Sable bristle is made from a high quality, very fine diameter specialized grade of synthetic fibers that behave a lot like goat hair but with a nice springy feel. The fibers are textured and tapered at the tip to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. The small diameter (and larger) brushes are excellent for all applications.
The Synthetic Sable brush is a great brush that offers the ability to produce hair fine lines if desired, provides delightful feedback, even when working on the tip, and holds a lot of paint or ink for a small brush.
The Synthetic Sable brush is an outstanding brush when used with just about any paint media type. Watercolor, ink, aqueous and thinner coats of heavy body acrylics, oils, ceramic under glaze, glazes and oxides all do amazingly well with these brushes.
Synthetic Sable brushes are good for media holding, and provides an excellent delivery of media and has a hair-fine tip. My medium diameter Synthetic Sable brushes are good for washes, hatching, cross hatching, dithering, blending colors on the brush and detail work.
The 1.5 inch long bristle combined with a 4.5mm to 8mm bristle diameter is excellent for fine straight lines, organic curves, washes, plus stippling and hatching . Ceramic artist and anyone who loves a brush that’s great for delicate work is delighted by this brush.
The cane handle is light in the hand and has a 4.5mm to 8mm bristle diameter. This handle is lightly hand carved and oiled. You can spend all day using it.
Another detail that is great about all my Synthetic brushes is that they are highly resistant to even the harshest brush cleaners. This makes them very well suited for anything that takes solvents to clean, because the bristle resists the wear many natural hair brushes experience with harsh cleaners.
The Synthetic Sable brushes excel with watercolors, inks, aqueous and heavy body acrylics, ceramic glazes and oxides, gouaches, and oils.
This brush is a workhorse and will provide many years of enjoyment.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|19 × 2 × 2 in