- Handles are bamboo cane
- Handle lengths are about 4″ to 8″
- Handle color varies. I try to match handle colors but no guarantee
- Bristle lengths are about 1″ long
- Bristle diameter are about 5mm to 9mm
- Style Code: SFGGSKWS10001M
Medium Diameter Watercolor, Ink, And Aqueous Acrylic Set With 1 Inch Long Bristles And Bamboo Cane Handles
The medium diameter size set includes Goat and Synthetic Blend, Soft White Synthetic, Pony Hair, Sabeline Hair, and Goat Hair brushes.
The medium diameter brushes are all outstanding brushes. Depending on the bristle material, the brush has either a fine or ultra-fine tip. They hold a large amount of paint media and can be used for highly nuanced fine detail work, fabulous dry brush results, and also washes.
The medium diameter brushes offer great performance and excellent value.
- My Goat and Synthetic blended brushes are made from the highest grade of goat hair, which is known as double dressed hair, and also blended with just the right amount of the soft white synthetic fibers used in some of my other brushes. The combination makes for a hair-fine tip that provides nuanced feedback, and fabulous paint or ink holding capability. In addition the Goat and Synthetic blend offers very smooth and responsive delivery. It is a revolutionary brush and my most popular creation. This brush offers what many consider to be the best of two types of brush, where each enhances the capabilities of the other. Goat hair is awesome for media holding, and is probably the most popular type of brush the world over. By adding some high quality synthetic fibers (same as my Soft White Synthetic) the result enhances the nature of the Goat hair and produces a soft brush that has a hair-fine tip and subtle feedback.
- My Soft White Synthetic brushes are popular with those who like a springy or snappy brush. The Soft White Synthetic bristle is made from a specialized grade of synthetic fibers that behave a lot like goat hair except springy. The fibers are tapered and textured to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for just about anything and behaves delightfully when heavily loaded and as dry brush. The Soft White Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance and gives nice feedback As you can see it also has a hair-fine tip. In addition it has great longevity.
- Russian Sable Hair brushes are made from the tail hair of Russian Sable. The hair is fine course and produces an ultra fine tip and very even media flow. Russian Sable has a long taper toward the tip and as a result it make a fine point a little less than the width of a human hair. It is ideal for highly detailed work, plus does a very soft drybrush.
- My Goat brushes are made from the highest grade of double dressed Goat Hair. This brush offers what many consider to be an ideal brush for use with watercolor, ink and acrylics. Goat hair is awesome for media holding, it has a wonderful and very uniform delivery and has a fine tip. My larger brushes do all the things my smaller brushes do, plus the are great for washes, hatching, cross hatching, dithering, and anything else.
All medium brushes are awesome for applying 1 or 2 colors on the brush, and blending the colors on the canvas. This blending technique creates very unique effects that are all but impossible to obtain any other way.
Another detail that is great about my Synthetic brushes is that they are highly resistant to even the harshest brush cleaners. This makes them very well suited for oils, for example, because they resist the wear many natural hair brushes experience with harsh cleaners.
The brush grouping is designed to provide a range of tactile feedback where each brush has its unique feel, and which provides a range of use. You’ll love them all!
The brushes are all workhorses and will provide many years of enjoyment.
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 3 × 3 in|