- Most handles are bamboo cane
- 1 handle is Wangi bamboo
- Handle lengths are about 4″ to 8″
- Handle colors vary. I try to make sets match but no guarantees
- Bristle lengths are about 3/4” long
- Bristle diameter depends on the brush size, see above for information
- Style Code: SEyn100012SMW
Siberian Elk Brush Set With 3/4 Inch Long Bristles And Itty Bitty, Small, Medium and Wangi Diameter Handles
My Siberian Elk brushes are among the most desired brushes anywhere. They are a joy to use. They behave like the best of sable brushes but are springy and provide a delightful feedback.
Siberian Elk brushes are my personal favorite.
Siberian Elk hair is a little less than 1/2 the diameter of human hair and tapers at the tip. Due to this, Siberian Elk brushes have an ultra-fine point and excellent media holding capability. It is among the best around for watercolor, ink, and aqueous acrylics. Some use Siberian Elk with solvent based paints and inks. As a note solvents accelerate the wear of natural hair brushes.
The Siberian Elk brush is unmatched for all types of work but of course it excels at detailed strokes, calligraphy and any time tight control is needed.
The Siberian Elk brush set includes the following:
- Itty bitty diameter brush with a bamboo cane handle and a bristle that is about 1mm in diameter and ¾” long
- Small diameter brush with a bamboo cane handle and a bristle that is about 2mm to 4mm in diameter and ¾” long
- Medium diameter brush with a bamboo cane handle and a bristle that is about 5mm to 9mm in diameter and ¾” long
- Medium diameter brush with a Wangi bamboo handle and a bristle that is about 7mm to 9mm in diameter and ¾” long
These brushes are excellent for Calligraphy and any kind of highly detailed, work, stippling, great soft drybrush, ultra-fine organic lines and curves.
And, did I mention that these are fabulous for calligraphy?
The bamboo cane is hand carved and oiled. It is light in the hand and comfortable for all day use.
The Wangi handle is a special offering that has a 7mm to 9mm bristle diameter combined with a rare, very light imported bamboo root known as Wangi bamboo. This handle is hand carved and oiled. It is very soft to the touch and light in the hand. You can spend all day using it. The mid-size bristle lets you spend more time applying paint. Mid-size bristles have enough bristle to let you apply 2 different colors on the brush and blend them on the canvas. This technique produces really cool results.
The Siberian Elk brush is a workhorse designed to last for many years.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|