- Handle is bamboo cane
- Handle length is 4″ to 8″
- Handle color may vary
- Bristle length is about 3/4″ long
- Bristle diameter is about 2mm to 3mm
- Style Code: KS10005
Small Diameter Kolinsky Sable Brush with 3/4 Inch Long Bristle And Bamboo Cane Handle
My Kolinsky Sable brushes are made by order from the tail hair of the Kolinsky. Kolinsky is in the weasel family and like most of the best brush materials; it comes from Northern Russia and China.
Kolinsky brushes offer what many consider to be the best brush for use with watercolor, inks, and aqueous acrylics. Some use it for heavy body acrylics and even oils. Kolinsky is fabulous for calligraphy or anything requiring fine detail and tight control. Kolinsky is among the best for media holding. It has a nearly unmatched smooth delivery of media and has an ultra-fine tip. The tip’s diameter of a Kolinsky hair is a tiny fraction the width of an adult human hair.
Kolinsky hair is unique and most consider it about the best. The hair tapers to a long and hair fine tip. The Kolinsky is superb for water based paint and ink.
My small diameter brush is about 2mm to 3mm and offers great performance for highly detailed work along with all the treasured capabilities of Kolinsky with a roughly 3/4 inch long bristle. The small diameter size enables ultra-fine detail with great responsiveness and control. It is one of the highest performance brushes available.
There are good reasons the Kolinsky Sable is revered the world over.
Kindly note that while I keep a few Kolinsky brushes on hand, usually my Kolinsky brushes are often made to order.
The bamboo cane handle is light in the hand and very comfortable.
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of a kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- While I keep a good supply of most brushes on hand, due to the limited supply of Kolinsky, I only make them to order. The good news is that you’ll get what you want as soon as i can make it. Usually delivery is 1 to 2 weeks, depending on my show schedule.
- And speaking of shows, if I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|