- Handle lengths are about 4″ to 9″
- Handle color varies. I try to make my set colors match but no guarantee
- Bristle lengths are about 2” long
- Bristle diameter varies. See above for explanation.
- Style Code: SW10002SMWL
Small, Medium, Wangi Medium, & Large Diameter Synthetic Sable Brush Set with 2 Inch Long Bristles
My Synthetic Sable brushes are my 2nd best sellers. The Synthetic Sable bristle is made from a high quality, very fine diameter specialized grade of synthetic fibers that behave a lot like goat hair but with a nice springy feel. The fibers are textured and tapered at the tip to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. The small diameter (and larger) brushes are excellent for all applications.
The Synthetic Sable brush is a great brush that offers the ability to produce hair fine lines if desired, provides delightful feedback, even when working on the tip, and holds a lot of paint or ink for a small brush.
The Synthetic Sable brush is an outstanding brush when used with just about any paint media type. Watercolor, ink, acrylics, gel acrylics, oils, and ceramic glazes all do amazingly well with these brushes.
Synthetic Sable brushes are good for media holding, and provides an excellent delivery of media and has an ultra-fine tip. My Small Synthetic Sable brush is good for washes, straight and organic curves, hatching, cross hatching, dithering, blending colors on the brush and detail work.
The 2 inch long bristle combined with 4 different bristle diameters makes for excellent tools expressive brush strokes, fine and wider lines, and organic curves, plus stippling and hatching.
Another detail that is great about my Synthetic brushes is that they are highly resistant to even the harshest brush cleaners. This makes them very well suited for anything that takes solvents to clean, because the bristle resists the wear many natural hair brushes experience with harsh cleaners.
The Synthetic Sable brushes excels with watercolors, inks, aqueous and heavy body acrylics, ceramic glazes and oxides, gouaches, and oils.
The brush set includes a small, medium, medium Wangi handle, and large diameter size bristles.
- The Small-size diameter bristle is about 2mm to 4mm
- The Medium-size diameter bristle is about 5mm to 9mm
- The Wangi Medium-size diameter bristle is about 7mm to 9mm
- The Large-size diameter bristle is about 10mm to 12mm
These brushes are workhorses and will provide many years of enjoyment.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 3 × 3 in|