- Handles are bamboo cane
- Handle lengths are 4″ to 8″
- Handle color may vary. I try to match colors for brush sets but no guarantees
- Bristle lengths are are noted above
- Bristle diameters are noted above
- Style Code: KS10002345
Itty Bitty, Small, And Medium Diameter Kolinsky Brush Set with Bamboo Cane Handles
My Kolinsky Sable brushes are made by order from the tail hair of the Kolinsky. Kolinsky is in the weasel family and like most of the best brush materials, it comes from Northern Russia and China.
Kolinsky brushes offer what many consider to be the best brush for use with watercolor, inks, and aqueous acrylics. Some use it for heavy body acrylics and even oils. Kolinsky is fabulous for calligraphy or anything requiring fine detail and tight control. Kolinsky is among the best for media holding. It has a nearly unmatched smooth delivery of media and has an ultra-fine tip. The tip’s diameter of a Kolinsky hair is a tiny fraction the width of a human hair.
Kolinsky hair is unique and most consider it about the best. Part of this is due to the shape of Kolinsky hair. Most hair is shaped like a long tapered V. Kolinsky is shaped more vaguely like a spade, which is narrow at the base and then swells quickly and then tapers to a long and ultra fine tip. part of it is due to the ability of the Kolinsky to hold paint and ink.
I blend some longer and shorter hair to give my Kolinsky brushes even more media holding than most other Kolinsky brushes. My 2mm diameter brush offers great performance for highly detailed work along with all the treasured capabilities of Kolinsky with a roughly 1/2″ inch length bristle.
There are good reasons the Kolinsky Sable is revered the world over.
Kindly note that while i usually keep a few Kolinsky brushes on hand, usually my Kolinsky brushes are made to order.
My Kolinsky bristle brush offerings are measured at the base of the bristle and are….
- 1mm by about 1/2″ long. Excellent for highly detailed work.
- 3mm by about 3/4″ long. Excellent for highly detailed work
- 5mm by about 3/4″ long. Excellent for highly detailed work and general applications.
Note I try to match the handles for Kolinsky sets but make no guarantees.
There is a good reason the Kolinsky Sable is revered the world over.
The set includes 1mm, 3mm, and 5mm Kolinsky Sable brushes.
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of a kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- While I keep a good supply of most brushes on hand, due to the limited supply of Kolinsky, i only make them to order. The good news is that you’ll get what you want as soon as i can make it. Usually delivery is 1 to 2 weeks, depending on my show schedule.
- And speaking of shows, if I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|