- Handle is bamboo cane.
- Handle color varies. I try to match sets but no guarantee.
- Handle length is between 4″ and 8″
- Bristle length is between about 2.5″ to 3.5″
- Style Code: M00005MXL
Extra Large And Medium Diameter Moose Hair Brush Set With 3″ Long Bristles And Bamboo Cane Handles
Moose hair brushes are fairly stiff at the base tapers to a fine tip. Moose is one of the most unique brush types I offer. The bristles are between about 2.5” and 3.5” long which is longer than most other brushes. They are also much thicker at the base and taper gradually toward the tip.
These brushes are for those who like something that is very springy to work with. The most typical users of Moose hair are those who use ceramics, inks, and watercolors. For ceramic related applications they are able to hold a lot of media. The brush can produce remarkably delicate and fine lines, and of course it is spectacular for dry brush. The dry brush results are why it is popular with artists who use ink.
The Extra Large diameter brush is about 13mm to 15 mm in diameter and the most fun to work with. Because the hair is so thick at the base it takes a pretty good base diameter to produce an enjoyable brush.
The mid-size brush is about 5mm to 9mm in diameter also fun to work with. The set makes for a fabulous pairing addition to anyone’s brush collection and the set are also exhibit pieces.
Moose hair brushes come in various lengths between about 2.5 and 3.5 inches long. This follows the variation in hair length on the Moose.
The bamboo cane handle is light in the hand and very comfortable.
Kindly note that while I keep a few Moose Hair brushes on hand, usually my Moose Hair brushes are made to order.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|