- Handle is bamboo cane
- Handle length is about 4″ to 8″
- Handle color may be yellow, brown or green
- Bristle length is about 1.5” long
- Bristle diameter is about 10mm to 12mm
- Style Code: RS100015L
Large Diameter Russian Sable Brush With 1.5 Inch Long Bristle And Bamboo Cane Handle
Large Diameter Russian Sable Brush With 1.5″ Long Bristle And Bamboo Cane Handle
My Russian Sable brushes are made from the tail hair of select Russian Sable. This is one of the most prized types of brushes available anywhere. Russian Sable hair is about 1/2th the diameter of human hair and tapers at the tip from there. As a result Russian Sable brushes have an ultra-fine point and great media holding capability. It is among the best around for watercolor, ink, and aqueous acrylics. Some use Russian sable with solvent based paints and inks. As a note solvents accelerate the wear of natural hair brushes.
The Russian Sable brush set is unmatched for all types of work but of course it excels at detailed strokes. There are few finer brushes on the planet than the Russian Sable.
The Russian Sable brushes with 1.5″ long bristles are very rare. The hair comes from the guard hairs on the tail and the longest hair only amounts about 3% of what is there. Due to this it takes a lot of work to produce the longer bristle length.
The large diameter brush is about 10mm in diameter with a 1.5” long bristle.
It is excellent for highly detailed, work, stippling, great soft drybrush, ultra-fine organic lines and curves and large enough to apply up to 4 colors on the brush and mix them on the canvas or whatever you paint. This makes for a great effect.
The Russian Sable brush is a workhorse designed to last for many years.
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|