- Handles are bamboo cane
- Handle lengths are about 4″ to 8″
- Handle color varies. I try to match sets handle colors but no guarantee
- Bristle lengths are about 1″ long
- Bristle diameter are about 10mm to 12mm
- Style Code: GSSWSPHSHGH10001L
Large Diameter Watercolor, Ink, and Aqueous Acrylic Set With 1 Inch Long Bristles And Bamboo Cane Handles
The large size set includes Goat and Synthetic Blend, Soft White Synthetic, Pony Hair, Sabeline Hair, and Goat Hair brushes.
The large brushes are an experience onto themselves. Depending on the bristle material, the brush has either a fine or hair-fine tip. They hold a large amount of paint media and can be used for highly nuanced, fine detail work, fabulous dry brush results, and also washes.
The large size brushes offer great performance and excellent value.
- The Goat and Synthetic fiber blended brush which I call the Goat-Synthetic Blend. When I first started making brushes, my Goat hair and Synthetic fiber blend was the solution to a problem of providing excellent media holding along with a hair fine tip. This brush was developed to make it easier for people to do highly detailed work. It is made from the highest grade of goat hair, known as double dressed hair, and also blended with just the right amount of a very high quality grade of tapered synthetic fibers. It is my most popular type of brush.
- My Soft White Synthetic brushes are popular with those who like a springy or snappy brush. The Soft White Synthetic bristle is made from a specialized grade of synthetic fibers that behave a lot like goat hair except springy. The fibers are tapered and textured to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for just about anything and behaves delightfully when heavily loaded and as dry brush. The Soft White Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance and gives nice feedback As you can see it also has an ultra-fine tip. In addition it has great longevity.
- My Pony Hair brushes are unique. The Pony hair i use originates from the chest area hair of roughly 2 year old Ponies. The hair has a tapered tip. In addition, Pony hair has some of the highest fluid holding capability of any natural hair brush. It is not a springy brush. For those with a light touch and a quick hand, this is one of very few brushes that can keep up. The large size brush is the best of the best in this capacity. In addition, due to the dense multiple fine hairs, it is awesome for dry brush.
- Sabeline brushes are made from the the ear hairs of Russian and Chinese Oxen. Sabeline hair is slightly springy is larger in diameter than human hair. It does not have a tapered tip. Sabeline is extremely well suited for watercolors, acrylics, lettering, and inks. Sabeline is a great workhorse of a brush for broad strokes, fills, and hatching. It also produces delicious dry brush. In fact Sabeline does almost everything extremely well.
- My Goat brushes are made from the highest grade of double dressed Goat Hair. This brush offers what many consider to be an ideal brush for use with watercolor, ink and acrylics. Goat hair is awesome for media holding, it has a wonderful and very uniform delivery and has a fine tip. My larger brushes do all the things my smaller brushes do, plus the are great for washes, hatching, cross hatching, dithering, and anything else.
All large brushes are awesome for applying 2 or 3 colors on the brush, and blending the colors on the canvas. This blending tecnhique creates very unique effects that are all but impossible to obtain any other way.
Another detail that is great about my Synthetic brushes is that they are highly resistant to even the harshest brush cleaners. This makes them very well suited for oils, for example, because they resist the wear many natural hair brushes experience with harsh cleaners.
The large-size bristles are about 1″ long. The length gives good control and great results with wet and dry brush techniques.
The brush grouping is designed to provide a range of tactile feedback where each brush has its unique feel, and which provides a range of use. You’ll love them all!
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 3 × 3 in|