- Handles are bamboo cane
- Handle lengths are about 4″ to 9″
- Handle color varies. I try to make my brush sets match but don’t guarantee it
- Bristle length is about 1″ long
- Bristle diameter is about 10mm to 12mm
- Style Code: SWSGSSWSBSOS10001L
Large Diameter Synthetic Brush Set With 1 Inch Long Bristles And Bamboo Cane Handles
The large diameter brushes offer great performance and modest cost. Because they produce a fine to ultra fine tip, my large size brushes are ideal for just about everything and are widely considered to be among the best of my brushes.
Brief descriptions for the brush types can be found below. For a more detailed description, look up the individual brush type.
A major plus for my synthetic brushes is that they are largely impervious to solvent chemicals commonly used to clean solvent based paints and stains.
The Soft White Synthetic brush is one of my most popular, and due to this I introduced other brushes which offer similar capabilities and which are progressively more springy.
All of the brushes offer great performance and longevity. I’ll describe them in order from soft-er to stiff-er. As a set, they offer excellent in longevity, quality and overall performance.
- My Goat and Synthetic blended brushes are made from the highest grade of goat hair, which is known as double dressed hair, and also blended with just the right amount of the soft white synthetic fibers used in some of my other brushes. The combination makes for a hair-fine tip that provides nuanced feedback, and fabulous paint or ink holding capability. In addition the goat and synthetic blend offers very smooth and responsive delivery. It is a revolutionary brush and my most popular creation. This brush offers what many consider to be the best of two types of brush, where each enhances the capabilities of the other. Goat hair is awesome for media holding, and is probably the most popular type of brush the world over. By adding some high quality synthetic fibers (same as my Soft White Synthetic) the result enhances the nature of the Goat hair and produces a soft brush that has a hair-fine tip and subtle feedback.
- My Soft White Synthetic brushes are popular with those who like a slightly more springy or snappy brush. The Soft White Synthetic bristle is made from a specialized grade of fine diameter synthetic fibers which are tapered at the tip and behave a lot like goat hair except they are springy. The tapered and textured fibers provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. The Soft White Synthetic is ideal for just about any application and behaves delightfully when heavily loaded or for dry brush. The Soft White Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance and gives pleasing feedback As you can see it also has an ultra-fine tip. In addition it has great longevity. In typical use, it will outlast any natural hair brush by many times.
- My Brown Synthetic brush is a little stiffer than the Soft White Synthetic and has a delightful springiness. The fibers are tapered and textured to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for anything from the lightest watercolor to ink, to acrylic to gouache or oil paints. It is also excellent for anyone who wants a deliciously springy brush. The Brown Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance and gives fabulous feedback. It also has a hair fine tip and great longevity. The Brown Synthetic Brush has worked its way to being my 2nd best seller.
- My Orange Synthetic brushes are popular with those who like stiff-er brushes. The Orange Synthetic bristle is made from a specialized grade of synthetic fibers that are etched and tapered which helps the brush provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for heavily loaded media and for anyone who likes a stiff-er brush. It is also outstanding for dry brush. The Orange Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance in all sizes and give fabulous snap and feedback It has a fine tip. As with the other synthetic bristles, the Orange Synthetic brush has great longevity.
- My Stiff White Synthetic brushes are popular with those who like a very springy or snappy brush. The Stiff White Synthetic bristle is made from a specialized grade of synthetic fibers which are tapered at the tip and behave in a way that is similar to boar hair except they are even springier-er. The tapered and textured fibers provide smooth delivery of more viscous painting media. The Stiff White Synthetic bristle is ideal for thicker applications such as oil and heavy body acrylics, and behaves delightfully when heavily loaded and for dry brush. The Stiff White Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance and gives pleasing feedback. As you can see it also has a fine tip. In addition it has great longevity. In typical use, it will outlast any natural hair brush by many times.
All of these are great brushes which will provide years of regular use and enjoyment.
Another detail about my Synthetic brushes is that they are highly resistant to brush cleaning fluids. Where natural hair brushes can be damaged by solvent cleaners, the synthetic bristles are very well suited for the cleaners commonly used with oils, enamels, and wood stains, as a few examples.
The large-size bristles are about 1″ long. The length gives good control and great results with wet and dry brush techniques.
The bamboo cane handle is hand carved and oiled. It is light in the hand and comfortable to use all day.
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 5 × 5 in|