- Handle is made of bamboo cane
- Handle length is about 4″ to 8″
- Handle color varies. I try to get sets to match handle color but no guarantee
- Bristle length is about 1″ long
- Bristle diameter is about 2mm to 4mm
- Style Code: SWSGSSWSBSOS10001S
Small Diameter Synthetic Brush Set With Cane Handles And 1 Inch Long Bristles
The small diameter Ink Set includes Goat and Synthetic blend, Soft White Synthetic, Brown Synthetic, and Stiff White Synthetic.
The small diameter brushes offer great performance and low cost. They are ideal for detail work and do a good job with dry brush techniques. A lot of people only work with small brushes.
The Soft White Synthetic brush was one of my first offerings. This brush type was intended as a high performance brush that produces a hair-fine tip and is intended for those who want a responsive brush and which can withstand fairly harsh chemicals used to clean solvent based paints and related media. The Soft White Synthetic brush quickly became one of my most popular, and due to this I introduced other bristle materials which offer similar performance and longevity and which are progressively more springy. The application of these is for those who like a more responsive brush and for those who use painting materials which are more viscous, and of course for those who like a high quality brush that lasts.
All of the brushes have great performance and longevity. I’ll discuss them in order from soft-er to stiff-er. As a set, they offer the best in longevity, quality and overall performance. Collectively i sell more synthetic bristled brushes than natural hair brushes. They are that good.
- My Goat and Synthetic blended brushes are made from the highest grade of goat hair, which is known as double dressed hair, and also blended with just the right amount of the soft white synthetic fibers used in some of my other brushes. The combination makes for a hair-fine tip that provides nuanced feedback, and fabulous paint or ink holding capability. In addition the Goat and Synthetic blend offers very smooth and responsive delivery. It is a revolutionary brush and my most popular creation. This brush offers what many consider to be the best of two types of brush, where each enhances the capabilities of the other. Goat hair is awesome for media holding, and is probably the most popular type of brush the world over. By adding some high quality synthetic fibers (same as my Soft White Synthetic) the result enhances the nature of the Goat hair and produces a soft brush that has a hair-fine tip and subtle feedback.
- My Soft White Synthetic brushes are popular with those who like a springy or snappy brush. The Soft White Synthetic bristle is made from a specialized grade of synthetic fibers that behave a lot like goat hair except springy. The fibers are tapered and textured to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for just about anything and behaves delightfully when heavily loaded and as dry brush. The Soft White Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance and gives nice feedback As you can see it also has an ultra-fine tip. In addition it has great longevity.
- My Brown Synthetic brush is one of the most popular brushes. It is a little stiffer than the Soft White Synthetic and has a great snap or springiness to it. The fibers are tapered and etched to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for anything from watercolor to ink, to acrylics to oil paints. It is also excellent for anyone who wants a deliciously springy brush. The Brown Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance and gives fabulous snap and feedback It also has an hair-fine tip and great longevity. The Brown Synthetic Brush has worked its way to being one of my best sellers.
- My Orange Synthetic brushes are popular with those who like stiff-er brushes. The Orange Synthetic bristle is made from a specialized grade of synthetic fibers that are etched and tapered which helps them to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for heavily loaded media and for those who like a stiff-er brush. It is also outstanding for dry brush. The Orange Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance in all sizes and give fabulous snap and feedback It also has a fine tip. As with the other synthetic bristles, the Orange Synthetic brush has great longevity.
- My Stiff White Synthetic Brushes are popular with those who like a stiff brush and those who use Heavy Body Acrylics, Gouache or Oils. The Stiff White Synthetic bristle is made from a specialized grade of synthetic fibers that are both textured and tapered to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. They really come into their own with thicker and viscous paint media! As with my other synthetic brushes, the longevity and performance is excellent.
All of these are great detail brushes and good for dry brush techniques.
Another detail that is great about my Synthetic brushes is that they are highly resistant to even the harshest brush cleaners. This makes them very well suited for oils and enamels, for examples, because they resist the wear many natural hair brushes experience with harsh cleaners.
The small diameter bristles are about 1″ long. The length gives good control and great results with wet and dry brush techniques.
The bamboo cane handle is hand carved and oiled. It is light in the hand and comfortable to use all day.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 3 × 3 in|