- Handle is bamboo cane
- Handle length is 4″ to 8″
- Handle color varies
- Bristle length is about 1″
- Bristle diameter is about 5mm to 9mm
- Style Code: G10001M
Medium Diameter Goat Hair Brush With 1 Inch Long Bristle And Bamboo Cane Handle
My Goat Hair brushes are made from the highest grade of double dressed Goat hair. Double dressing means that the hair is carefully combed out, set to that the inside and outside ends of the brushes are all the same and carefully cleaned to remove any debris or off sized hair. This process is repeated twice.
A Goat Hair Brush is a “go to” brush the world over. In other words, it is the most widely used media for brushes. Goat hair goes by the obvious name of “goat hair” and the less obvious names of “Camel hair” and “Wolf hair” The reason these names Camel and Wolf are because a long time ago, someone realized that if you give a brush an exotic name, you can get more money for it. Or to put it another way, if you go to the store to get a generically named mushroom, it will cost about $2 per lb. But if you get a Truffle it’s about $45 per lb.
For the record, I offer Goat hair but don’t offer Camel or Wolf hair.
Goat Hair is awesome for media holding with watercolors, inks, and acrylics. Goat Hair is responsive but not terribly springy and it doesn’t produce an ultra-fine tip. It is one of the best soft bristle brushes.
If you use a paintbrush at some point you’ve used Goat Hair brush.
The Cane handle is light to the touch and very comfortable. The bristle diameter of my medium diameter brushes is about 5mm to 9mm. This handle is hand carved and oiled. You can spend all day using it. The medium-size bristle lets you spend more time applying paint. Medium-size bristles have enough bristle to let you apply one or 2 different colors on the brush and blend them on the canvas. This technique produces really cool results.
The 1″ long bristle is intended for general application, hatching, cross hatching, soft drybrush, minor lettering and fine detail. It is also good for straight lines or organic curves are desired. They are also great for stippling, washes, and a soft drybrush.
My medium diameter Goat Hair brush is ideal. The brush works well with acrylics, glaze, inks, underglaze, watercolors, and anything that isn’t very viscous. The brush holds a lot of media. This lets you spend more time painting. The brush is big enough so you can mix 2 colors on the brush.
The bamboo cane handle is light in the hand and very comfortable.
This brush is a workhorse and will provide many years of enjoyment.
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|