- Handle is Wangi bamboo
- Handle length is about 4″ to 8″
- Handle color varies.
- Bristle length is about 3” long
- Bristle diameter is about 5mm to 9mm
- Style Code: DW10002W
Medium Diameter Deer Hair Brush With 3 Inch Long Bristle And Wangi Bamboo Handle
My Deer Hair brushes are made from white tail deer. This is a about 3x the diameter of human hair at the base and tapers to a fine tip. The hair has a nice springiness to it and that makes it capable of holding more viscous paint such as gouache, as well as ink, watercolor, aqueous acrylic and tempura.
My medium diameter, 3” long Deer Hair brush is great for organic curves and lines, plus great for hatching and cross hatching and washes. It’s also a good drip brush.
The Wangi handle is a special offering that has a 5mm to 9mm bristle diameter combined with a rare, very light imported bamboo root known as Wangi bamboo. This handle is hand carved and oiled. It is very soft to the touch and light in the hand. You can spend all day using it. The mid-size bristle lets you spend more time applying paint. Mid-size bristles have enough bristle to let you apply 2 different colors on the brush and blend them on the canvas. This technique produces really cool results.
The Deer Hair brush is a workhorse designed to last for many years.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|