- Handle is bamboo cane
- Handle length is 4″ to 8″
- Handle color may be brown, green or yellow
- Bristle length is about 1.5″
- Bristle diameter is about 5mm to 9mm
- Style Code: GSW10002M
Medium Diameter Goat And Synthetic Blend Brush with 1.5 Inch Long Bristle And Bamboo Cane Handle
My Goat and Synthetic blended brushes are made from the highest grade of double dressed Goat hair, and the brushes also include just the right amount of a very high quality grade of tapered synthetic fibers blended in. The Goat and Synthetic blend brush is my most popular and is a revolutionary brush! It is a unique brush that offers the ability to produce a hair fine line, provides subtle and excellent feedback, even when working on the tip, and holds a lot of paint or ink.
A Goat Hair Brush is a “go to” brush the world over. Goat Hair is awesome for media holding with watercolors, inks, and acrylics. By itself, goat Hair does not have the best springiness nor does it produce a long ultra-fine tip. By adding some high quality tapered synthetic fibers I enhance the nature of Goat Hair and the combination makes a soft brush with a sturdy and ultra-fine tip.
The Cane handle is light to the touch and very comfortable. The bristle size of my mid-size brushes is about 5mm to 9mm. This handle is hand carved and oiled. You can spend all day using it. The mid-size bristle lets you spend more time applying paint. Mid-size bristles have enough bristle to let you apply 2 different colors on the brush and blend them on the canvas. This technique produces really cool results.
The 1.5″ length brush is intended for general applications. It’s great for hatching, cross hatching, drybrush, and making straight lines or organic curves. They are also great for stippling. My Goat and Synthetic blend brushes are superb in any diameter!
Some artists have told me they abandoned nearly all their other brushes because my goat/synthetic blended brushes do everything they ever wanted, and they say it makes using the brush more fun!
My medium diameter Goat and Synthetic blend brush is ideal. It is a rare brush that can produce an ultra-fine tip and provides excellent feedback. The brush is a delight to use. It excels with acrylics, gouache, glaze, inks, underglaze, watercolors, and anything that isn’t extremely viscous. The brush holds a lot of media. This lets you spend more time painting. The brush is big enough so you can mix 2 colors on the brush and the medium size Goat and Synthetic blend brush produces excellent hatching, cross hatching, stippling, flat washes, drybrush and, is among the best fine line detail brushes around.
This brush is a workhorse and will provide many years of enjoyment.
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|