- Handle is bamboo cane
- Handle length is about 4″ to 8″
- Handle color may be yellow, brown or green.
- Bristle length is about 1.5” long
- Bristle diameter is 5mm to 9mm
- Style Code: RS100015M
Medium Diameter Russian Sable Brush With 1.5 Inch Long Bristle with Bamboo Cane Handle
My Russian Sable brushes are made from the tail hair of select Russian Sable. This is one of the most prized types of brushes available anywhere. Russian Sable hair is about 1/2th the diameter of human hair and tapers at the tip from there. As a result Russian Sable brushes have an ultra-fine point and great media holding capability. It is among the best around for watercolor, ink, and aqueous acrylics, and some use Russian Sable with oils and solvent based paints and inks. As a note solvents accelerate the wear of natural hair brushes.
The Russian Sable brush set is unmatched for all types of work but of course it excels at detailed strokes. There are few finer brushes on the planet than the Russian Sable.
The small size brush is ideal for finely detailed work and to make very fine lines.
Note that my brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of a kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- While I keep a good supply of most brushes on hand, due to the limited supply of Russian Sable, i only make them to order. The good news is that you’ll get what you want as soon as i can make it. Usually delivery is 1 to 2 weeks, depending on my show schedule.
- And speaking of shows, if I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|