- Handle are bamboo cane
- Handle length is 4″ to 8″
- Handle color may be yellow, brown or green
- Bristle diameter is about 5mm to 9mm
- Bristle length is about 1″ long
- Style Code: SHSWSBHBS10001M
Medium Diameter Oil And Heavy Body Acrylic Painter’s Choice Set With 1 Inch Long Bristles
The medium diameter set includes my Brown Synthetic, Stiff White Synthetic, Sabeline Hair, and Boar Hair. These are popular choices for those who use thick and viscus paint media with small size brushes. In addition, they are great for those who like a variety of dry bush techniques. The 1″ bristle makes them suitable for a wide variety of applications, and they excel at detail work.
The medium size brushes offer great performance and low cost. They are ideal for detail work and do a great job with dry brush techniques.
- My Brown Synthetic brush is one of the most popular brushes. It is a little stiffer than the Soft White Synthetic and has a great snap or springiness to it. The fibers are tapered and etched to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for anything from watercolor to ink, to acrylics to oil paints. It is also excellent for anyone who wants a deliciously springy brush. The Brown Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance and gives fabulous snap and feedback It also has an hair-fine tip and great longevity. The Brown Synthetic Brush has worked its way to being one of my best sellers.
- My Stiff White Synthetic Brushes are popular with those who like a stiff brush and those who use Heavy Body Acrylics, Gouache or Oils. The Stiff White Synthetic bristle is made from a specialized grade of synthetic fibers that are both textured and tapered to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. They really come into their own with thicker and viscous paint media! As with my other synthetic brushes, the longevity and performance is excellent.
- Sabeline Hair brushes are made from the ear hair of Oxen native to northern Russia and Northern China. The hair is about twice the diameter of human hair and produces very even media flow. Sabeline hair is not tapered and as a result it does not make a fine point. It is ideal for washes, hatches and drybrush.
- My Boar Hair brushes are popular with those who like a stiffer-er brush, with those who work with Heavy Body Acrylics, and Oils. Boar Hair is also fabulous for drybrush and stippling with all kinds of paint and ink because Boar Hair brushes can make many small lines of various diameters. Boar Hair often has split ends with a mix of tapered and blunt tips. Boar hair is ideal for anything heavily loaded. The Boar Hair bristle will make a fine-ish point when used with thicker paint media.
The bamboo cane handle is light in the hand and very comfortable.
Another detail that is great about my Synthetic brushes is that they are highly resistant to even the harshest brush cleaners. This makes them very well suited for oils, for example, because they resist the wear many natural hair brushes experience with harsh cleaners.
The medium diameter bristles are about 1″ long by 5mm to 9mm in diameter. The length gives good control and great results with wet and dry brush techniques.
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of a kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at any show and due to this I run out of some types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 3 × 3 in|