- Handles are bamboo cane
- Handle lengths are about 4″ to 8″
- Handle color varies. I try to get sets to match handle color when possible
- Bristle lengths are about 1″ long
- Bristle diameter are about 2mm to 4mm
- Style Code: SRSSWSGSG10001S
Small Diameter Watercolor, Ink, And Aqueous Acrylic Set With 1 Inch Long Bristles And Bamboo Cane Handles
The small diameter brushes are great for many applications. Depending on the bristle material, the brush has either a fine or ultra-fine tip. They hold a lot of ink or paint media for their diameter and can be used for highly nuanced fine detail work, and great drybrush results.
The small diameter brushes offer great performance and excellent value.
- My Goat and Synthetic blended brushes are made from the highest grade of goat hair, which is known as double dressed hair, and also blended with just the right amount of the soft white synthetic fibers used in some of my other brushes. The combination makes for a hair-fine tip that provides nuanced feedback, and fabulous paint or ink holding capability. In addition the Goat and Synthetic blend offers very smooth and responsive delivery. It is a revolutionary brush and my most popular creation. This brush offers what many consider to be the best of two types of brush, where each enhances the capabilities of the other. Goat hair is awesome for media holding, and is probably the most popular type of brush the world over. By adding some high quality synthetic fibers (same as my Soft White Synthetic) the result enhances the nature of the Goat hair and produces a soft brush that has a hair-fine tip and subtle feedback.\
- My Soft White Synthetic brushes are my 2nd best sellers. The Soft White Synthetic bristle is made from a high quality, very fine diameter specialized grade of synthetic fibers that behave a lot like goat hair but with a nice springy feel. The fibers are textured and tapered at the tip to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. The small diameter (and larger) brushes are excellent for all applications. The Soft White Synthetic brush is a great brush that offers the ability to produce hair fine lines if desired, provides delightful feedback, even when working on the tip, and holds a lot of paint or ink for a small brush.
- My Russian Sable brushes are made from the tail hair of select Russian Sable. This is one of the most prized types of brushes available anywhere. Russian Sable hair is about 1/2th the diameter of human hair and tapers at the tip from there. As a result Russian Sable brushes have an ultra-fine point and great media holding capability. It is among the best around for watercolor, ink, and aqueous acrylics. Some use Russian sable with solvent based paints and inks. The Russian Sable brush is unmatched for all types of work but of course it excels at highly detailed strokes. There are few finer tipped brushes on the planet than the Russian Sable.
- My Goat brushes are made from the highest grade of double dressed Goat Hair. This brush offers what many consider to be an ideal brush for use with watercolor, ink and acrylics. Goat hair is awesome for media holding, it has a wonderful and very uniform delivery and has a fine tip. My larger brushes do all the things my smaller brushes do, plus the are great for washes, hatching, cross hatching, dithering, and anything else.
The small diameter bristles are about 1″ long. The length gives good control and great results with wet and dry brush techniques.
The bamboo cane handle is hand carved and oiled. It is light in the hand and comfortable to use all day.
The brush grouping is designed to provide a range of tactile feedback where each brush has its unique feel, and which provides a range of use. You’ll love them all!
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 3 × 3 in|