- Handles are made of bamboo cane
- Handle length is about 4″ to 8″
- Handle color varies. I try to get sets to match handle color but no guarantees
- Bristle length is about 1″ long
- Bristle diameter is about 2mm to 4mm
- Style Code: SFRSGSOSSWS10001S
Small Diameter Watercolor And Aqueous Acrylic Set With Bamboo Cane Handle And 1 Inch Long Bristles
The small diameter Ink Set includes Goat and Synthetic Blend, Synthetic Sable, Springy Brown Synthetic, Siberian Elk, and Russian Sable.
This is one of my best sets of brushes, designed to produce a nice variety of feedback and is fabulous for all water based media.
The small size brushes offer great performance and modest cost. They are ideal for detail work and do a good job with dry brush techniques. A lot of people only work with small brushes.
- My Siberian Elk brushes are made from the a rare type of fur that is native of Northern China and Russia. The hair is extremely fine and springy. Due to this the brush behaves like the best of sables with very fine hair and great liquid holding capability, plus an ultra-fine tip *and* it is delightfully springy. As a result Siberian Elk have an ultra-fine point, awesome media holding capability are very responsive and provide excellent feedback. If cost wasn’t an issue, most people would use only this kind of brush.
- My Russian Sable brushes are made from the tail hair of select Russian Sable. This is one of the most prized types of brushes available anywhere. Russian Sable hair is about 1/2th the diameter of human hair. As a result Russian Sable brushes have an ultra-fine point and unmatched media holding capability. It is the best around for watercolor, ink, and aqueous acrylics.
- My Goat and Synthetic blended brushes are made from the highest grade of goat hair, which is known as double dressed hair, and also blended with just the right amount of the Synthetic Sable fibers used in some of my other brushes. The combination makes for a hair-fine tip that provides nuanced feedback, and fabulous paint or ink holding capability. In addition the Goat and Synthetic blend offers very smooth and responsive delivery. It is a revolutionary brush and my most popular creation. This brush offers what many consider to be the best of two types of brush, where each enhances the capabilities of the other. Goat hair is awesome for media holding, and is probably the most popular type of brush the world over. By adding some high quality synthetic fibers (same as my Synthetic Sable) the result enhances the nature of the Goat hair and produces a soft brush that has a hair-fine tip and subtle feedback.
- My Brown Synthetic brush is one of the most popular brushes. It is a little stiffer than the Synthetic Sable and has a great snap or springiness to it. The fibers are tapered and etched to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for anything from watercolor to ink, to acrylics to oil paints. It is also excellent for anyone who wants a deliciously springy brush. The Brown Synthetic brushes offer excellent performance and gives fabulous snap and feedback It also has an hair-fine tip and great longevity. The Brown Synthetic Brush has worked its way to being one of my best sellers.
- My Synthetic Sable brushes are popular with those who like a springy or snappy brush. The Synthetic Sable bristle is made from a specialized grade of synthetic fibers that behave a lot like goat hair except springy. The fibers are tapered and textured to provide smooth delivery of all types of painting media. It is ideal for just about anything and behaves delightfully when heavily loaded and as dry brush. The Synthetic Sable brushes offer excellent performance and gives nice feedback As you can see it also has an ultra-fine tip. In addition it has great longevity.
The brush grouping is designed to provide a range of tactile feedback where each brush has its unique feel, and which provides a range of use. You’ll love them all!
Another detail that is great about my Synthetic brushes is that they are highly resistant to even the harshest brush cleaners. This makes them very well suited for oils, for example, because they resist the wear many natural hair brushes experience with harsh cleaners.
The small bristles are about 1″ long. The length gives good control and great results with wet and dry brush techniques.
The bamboo cane handle is light in the hand and very comfortable.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 3 × 3 in|