- Handles are bamboo cane
- Handle length is about 4″ to 8″
- Handle colors vary. I try to match colors for sets but no guarantees
- Bristle lengths are about 1.5” long
- Bristle diameters vary, see above for details
- Style Code: SA100015SML
Small, Medium And Large Diameter Sabeline Brush Set With 1.5 Inch Long Bristles And Bamboo Cane Handles
Sabeline brushes are made from the ear hair of Russian Oxen and are died to a reddish color to resemble Kolinsky sable. Sabeline hair is larger in diameter than a human hair and springy. It does not taper at the tip so does not make a fine point.
It is extremely well suited for watercolors, acrylics, gouaches, oxides and glazes, and inks
Sabeline is a springy and suitable for washes, stippling, hatching, cross hatching. It makes for a nice mildly course drybrush. Sabeline doesn’t bog down with heavier media, or become too stiff for watercolor. It is one of the better brushes for dry brush technique and is also great for mixing colors on the brush and applying them directly to the canvas or paper.
The set includes:
- The small diameter brush is about 2mm to 3mm in diameter with a 1.5” long bristle.
- The medium diameter brush is about 4mm to 5mm in diameter with a 1.5” long bristle.
- The large diameter brush is about 10mm in diameter with a 1.5” long bristle.
The bamboo cane handle is hand carved and oiled. It is light in the hand and comfortable to use all day.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 2 × 2 in|