- Handle lengths are about 4″ to 9″
- Handle color varies.
- I try to make my brush sets color match but don’t guarantee it
- Bristle lengths are about 1” long
- Bristle diameter varies. See above for explanation.
- Style Code: SW10002SMWL
Small, Medium, Wangi Medium, & Large Synthetic Sable Brush Set with 1 Inch Bristles And Bamboo Cane And Wangi Handles
Small, Medium, Wangi Medium, & Large Synthetic Sable Brush Set with 1″ bristle
My Synthetic Sable brushes are made from the highest grade of ultra-fine synthetic fibers. The Synthetic Sable brush set is an outstanding collection of brushes suitable for just about any paint media type. Watercolor, ink, acrylics, gouache, tempura, and thin coats with heavy body acrylics and oils. Ceramic glazes, oxides and underglaze all do amazingly well with these brushes.
Synthetic Sable brushes are good to excellent for media holding, and they provide an excellent delivery of media and have a hair-fine tip. My larger diameter brushes do all the things my smaller brushes do, plus they are great for washes, hatching, cross hatching, dithering, and anything else, plus my medium and larger diameter brushes are awesome for blending colors on the brush.
Another detail that is great about my Synthetic brushes is that they are highly resistant to cleaners. This makes them very well suited for oils, for example, because of the wear many natural hair brushes experience with harsh cleaners
Paint and ink artists of all disciplines report they love the snap and feel of my Synthetic Sable brushes!
The brush set includes a small, medium, medium Wangi handle, and large diameter size bristles.
- The Small-size diameter bristle is about 2mm to 4mm
- The Medium-size diameter bristle is about 4.5mm to 8mm
- The Wangi Medium-size diameter bristle is about 7mm
- The Large-size diameter bristle is about 9mm to 12mm
The bamboo cane handle is hand carved and oiled. It is light in the hand and comfortable to use all day.
The Wangi handle is a special offering that has a 7mm to 9mm bristle diameter combined with a rare, very light imported bamboo root known as Wangi bamboo. This handle is hand carved and oiled. It is very soft to the touch and light in the hand. You can spend all day using it. The mid-size bristle lets you spend more time applying paint. Mid-size bristles have enough bristle to let you apply 2 different colors on the brush and blend them on the canvas. This technique produces really cool results.
These brushes are workhorses and will provide many years of enjoyment.
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|19 × 3 × 3 in