- Handle is bamboo rhizome
- Handle is about 1.5″ x 1.5″ x 3″ to 4″
- Handle color varies
- Bristle length is about 2″
- Style Code: Rhizomed10002GS
Bamboo Rhizome Handgrip brush with 2 Inch Long Goat And Synthetic Blend Bristle
My Rhizome Handgrip brushes are a special series I make for people who have may not be able to hold a traditional brush due to injury or other reasons and for those who like high quality and unique collectors work, which is also a functional brush. I sell a few of these at most shows.
The Rhizome handles are a very limited edition and each brush is a one of a kind creation. These brushes combine some of my best bristle materials with a oh so comfortable comfortable to hold and use brush handle. The Rhizome originates half a world away, in Jakarta. Each piece is carefully dug up by hand to avoid damage. It is meticulously cleaned and then shipped to me in rough condition, where i hand carve and finish it to produce a high quality brush. I’m lucky if i can get about 100 of these handles per year.
My Goat and Synthetic blended brushes are made from the highest grade of double dressed Goat hair, and the brushes also include just the right amount of a very high quality grade of tapered synthetic fibers blended in. The Goat and Synthetic blend brush is my most popular and is a revolutionary brush! It is a unique brush that offers the ability to produce a hair fine line, provides subtle and excellent feedback, even when working on the tip, and holds a lot of paint or ink.
A Goat Hair Brush is a “go to” brush the world over. Goat Hair is awesome for media holding with watercolors, inks, and acrylics, By itself, goat Hair does not have the best springiness nor does it produce a long ultra-fine tip. By adding some high quality tapered synthetic fibers I enhance the nature of Goat Hair and the combination makes a soft brush with a sturdy and ultra-fine tip.
The 2″ length brush is intended for general application, hatching, cross hatching drybrush, making straight lines or organic curves. They are also great for stippling. My Goat and Synthetic blend brushes are superb in any diameter!
Some artists have told me they abandoned nearly all their other brushes because my goat/synthetic blended brushes do everything they ever wanted, and they say it makes using the brush more fun!
My 2″ long Goat and Synthetic blend brush is for holding a lot of media and producing spectacular longer strokes. Plus the tip will produce a hair fine line. The bristle is between 7mm to 9 mm in diameter. It is a rare brush that can produce an ultra-fine tip and provides excellent feedback. The brush is a delight to use. It excels with acrylics, gouache, glaze, inks, underglaze, watercolors, and anything that isn’t extremely viscous. The brush holds a lot of media. This lets you spend more time painting. The brush is big enough so you can mix 2 colors on the brush and the Rhizome Goat and Synthetic blend brush produces excellent hatching, cross hatching, stippling, flat washes, drybrush and, is among the best fine line detail brushes around.
Note that i also offer the rhizome handle with a 1″ bristle.
Plus, i don’t think anyone else in the world offers a brush that approaches this for unique beauty and performance.
This brush is a workhorse and a one of a kind work of art and will provide many years of enjoyment.
Some important notes:
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may vary slightly due to my whim when i make these. Most are brown with dark brown features.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of a kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||6 × 4 × 4 in|