- Boar Hair Brush Set
- Includes Small, Medium, Wangi Medium and Large brushes
- Handle length are 4″ to 8″
- Handle colors may be yellow, brown or green
- Bristle length is about 1″
- Style Code: Boar10001SE
Small, Medium, Wangi Medium and Large Diameter Boar Hair Brush Set With 1 Inch Long Bristles And Bamboo Cane and Wangi Handles
My Boar Hair brushes are popular with those who work with oils, heavy body acrylics and those who like a unique dry brush. Boar Hair comes from wild boar. The individual hairs are strong and springy, and often have natural split or forked ends. The split ends helps to increase the amount of paint boar hair can hold. Boar hair is good with more viscous paints. Boar hair is the go to material the world over for those who work with oils and heavy body acrylics.
Boar hair is great for “impasto style” brush strokes, which is where paint is applied in thick layers. Impasto style produces a notable texture on the surface.
The diameter handle and a bristle length of about 1″ this brush great for detail work, stippling or a number of other techniques
The set includes:
- The small diameter brush is about 2mm to 4mm in diameter with a 1” long bristle.
- The medium diameter brush is about 5mm to 9mm in diameter with a 1” long bristle.
- The wangi medium diameter brush is about 7mm to 9mm in diameter with a 1” long bristle.
- The extra large diameter brush is about 13mm to 15mm in diameter with a 1 long bristle.
This assortment is great for everything from fine detail to large strokes. Boar Hair brushes are among the most popular with artists who work with Oils, Heavy Body Acrylics, Gouache, Oils and Ceramics. The Boar Hair bristle becomes softer in time.
While the Boar Hair brushes are a go to for oil and heavy body acrylics, they are an acquired taste for use with other media due to the springiness and feedback they provide. As one example, they offer a unique form of drybrush with inks or water based paint media due to their course nature and irregular tips.
These brushes will provide years of regular use and enjoyment.
Some important notes
- To see information about the bristle diameter Click here. Note the link opens in a new tab.
- Check with my note about brush sizes to find how I size the brushes.
- My brushes are handmade, and so there are no two which are completely identical. When you order, the handle color may be dark brown, yellow, or something in between.
- If you have a specific request, let me know on a note when you get to the checkout. My brushes are all one of kind creations. The handle color and length will vary with the bamboo I use at the time. I’ll match the brush up to your request as close as I can. Note that unless you provide a note, I will not accept returns due to issues related to the handle color or length.
- I keep a good supply of brushes on hand. I sell up to hundreds of brushes at a show and due to this I run out of some brush types from time to time. If I don’t have one in stock at the time of your order I will let you know.
- If I’m at a show, delivery of your order may be delayed by about a week. I will let you know if that’s the case. I check orders almost every day.
|Dimensions||19 × 3 × 3 in|